Saturday, August 29, 2009

Words from me....

My friends, I don't belive in depression. I have struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. I have been on medication, I've tried alcohol, excersize, and counseling. When I REALLy let God take
care of it, it REALLY went away. I recetly had a baby and struggled with post pardum depression. I was incouraged to seek counceling, and take meds yet agian. This time, I wanted to turn to something else. I didn't want to put chemicals in my body, and I didn't want to use time out of my day complaining to someone I didn't know. ( No disrespect to counselors) I know that depression is a mental thing, and I know it can be conquered. In other words; it's not real, it's just in your head.

So I LEARNED to let God take care of it. It's not easy, you must learn to let go of pain in your life through growing a close relationship with him. I am living proof of that. So if you are struggling with
depression or anxiety, do what I did. Let go and let God.


For those of you who have depression here is how I think:

When I begin to feed the baby, a strong feeling comes over me. I'ts like all the happiness is being sucked out of me, and I can litaraly feel pain in my hands, and arms. I close my eyes take a deep breath, and remember it's in my head. I look around and I see a roof over my head, a beautiful family, and food on the table. What do I have to be depressed about? And even when I go through storms in my life I know the secret.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so  that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Love Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment